Friday, April 25, 2008

Happy Arbor Day!!!





This is my tribute to the tree! Ok don't worry I haven't turned into a Tree Hugger or anything. Here is a selection of my favorite tree pictures during my travels. The first picture is my favorite tree in Gettysburg, along cemetery ridge. I took this picture while I lived there the year after I graduated from college. The next tree I found along the James River, while visiting plantation in Virginia. On my trip to the Bahamas I visited a National Park there and took this picture of this tree while in a cave, and like the lighting effect in this one. Of course I had to include the old white oak tree at Rock Creek. And the last one is an example of the trees that I see around here; well not really... this is an old Juniper tree on a butte's North Slope that was a result of fire many years ago. Ok now go plant a tree, or at least appreciate their beauty.

No comments: