Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Spring Time in TRNP


Well apparently this little flower, something like a prairie crocus, marks the coming of spring. Also snakes have come out now as well, there have been two Bull Snake sightings, and of course after hiking I found the season’s first tick crawling up my leg. The beloved Canada geese have returned and sit in the badland formations right outside my apartment, they make so much noise and every time someone leaves the park housing they do a fly by right over your head. The winter has been very dry so everything is pretty brown, but as soon as the rain comes the park will turn completely green and people say it resembles Ireland. But I would have no idea, because I have never been to Ireland before anyways. I am looking forward to seeing the park with a little green pigment... but I have enjoyed the colors of winter, time to make way for spring!!!

No comments: